Hi, my self Hammad Rafique volunteer of Pakistan Red Crescent Society since 2017.
First of all, thank you for the opportunity to share experiences. My experience is very practical I am social media coordinator as well so firstly I did some training’s through E-learning platforms like WHO, IFRC and Harvard Medical School about COVID19 then according to that build strategy that how to communicate in this pandemic situation, and the we also make hashtag #EhtiatKarona after that I sensitize my family members, friends and colleagues that how to prevent from disease and follow the precautionary measures. My experience is quite phenomenal, we as a team working date n night to give awareness about COVID19 to general public through our helpline 1030 or also door to door awareness session. We as a team members also provide food items to the needy one in the lock down situation. I am proud to say that First Asia Pacific Online Volunteer Management System (VMS) Over 4500 volunteers have so far registered from across the country after COVID-19 entered to Pakistan in one month, the PRCS is proud to have more than 0.7 million volunteers and members attached to its program in various categories. We also launched PRCS Muhafiz Campaign in which we firstly develop the mobile app and then provide training to volunteers that how to collect data of house hold afterwards, Volunteer Coordinators & Task Force members shall be engaged in raising awareness about personal and public hygiene practices, proper use of masks, gloves and hand sanitizers, importance of physical and social distancing, health awareness, safe drinking water, DRR campaigns, talks on volunteerism, and resource mobilization etc.,
PRCS Volunteers Response to COVID-19:
Total PRCS Volunteer for COVID-19 Response Mobilized so far = 7,813
1. More than 30,000 people screened at border areas by PRCS Skilled and trained Volunteers
2. Community Awareness Campaign through PRCS Volunteers
3. Awareness Campaign through Social Media.
4. Volunteers and first aider are deployed at different cities of the country creating awareness regarding COVID-19, distrusting IEC Material among general public and sensitizing them to adopt precautionary measures
5. PRCS Health qualified volunteers are performing duties at Chaman Border Areas to support health Dept. Baluchistan
6. PRCS Volunteers are deployed at Peshawar Railway Station for creating awareness and screening of people
7. PRCS Volunteers are trained by NIH on proper use of face mask, gloves and corona prevention.
8. Soap distribution in Quetta, Hygiene Kits distribution in Gilgit, free hand sanitizer distribution in Peshawar by PRCS Volunteers.
9. Volunteers Rashaan Distribution among deserving families in FATA and Islamabad by Passionate team of PRCS Volunteers
10. Volunteer Wardens shall motivate their respective communities, through volunteers, to donate blood in this lockdown situation, wherever and whenever required by patients of blood related diseases.
Pakistan Red Crescent