We are looking for an Administration and Finance Officer to help with administrative and financial management.
Administration and Finance Officer
- Place of work: Rome – National Committee
- Operational Unit: Humanitarian Diplomacy Unit
- Type of contract and duration: Indefinite period
Purpose of the Position:
The position will provide the administrative support necessary for the operation of the Solferino Academy, including event logistics and other initiatives, in order to ensure their success. In addition, it will monitor and manage financial processes, ensuring their proper execution and reporting. The figure will also provide administrative support to other activities, such as those deriving from partnership agreements with subjects both internal and external to the Italian Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
As part of the functions described, the figure will deal with the following activities:
- Administrative and financial support to the Solferino Academy
- Monitoring and management of all financial processes of the Solferino Academy, ensuring monitoring, compliance and reporting
- Support to the Director of the Solferino Academy on administrative and accounting aspects, in projects and in the daily administrative management of the team
- Management of relations between the financial offices of the IFRC and the CRI
- Recording of bank transfers and funds received, as well as invoice payments
- Registration of documents and authorization processes
- Preparation of budgets for new project proposals
- Preparation and follow-up of the necessary validation of new activities and related budgets
- Drafting, follow-up and archiving of documents and internal processes
- Support in organizing workshops and events
Qualification and experience acquired:
Bachelor’s degree in the following degree classes: Administration and Organization Sciences (L-16), Economics and Business Management Sciences (L-18), Economics (L-33) and / or equivalent and / or comparable and / or equivalent and at least 3 years of experience in similar roles or high school diploma and 7 years of experience in similar roles.
- Excellent written and oral command of Italian and English
- Financial control and reporting
- Planning and Budgeting
- Company administrative and management procedures
- Knowledge of international relations and the humanitarian sector at national and / or international level
- Direct management or participation in joint national and international networks and initiatives
- Experience gained in the non-governmental sector and nationally and internationally is preferred
- Knowledge of a second foreign language such as French, Arabic or Spanish is preferable
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under stress with tight deadlines and in emergency situations
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Precision and attention to detail
- Analysis skills
How to apply: For more information, please visit the following link and apply: https://inrecruiting.intervieweb.it/cri/jobs/administration-and-finance-officer-286943/it/
We are seeking volunteers to support our digital communications efforts and virtual events.
DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS VOLUNTEERS
We are looking for people interested in committing a few hours a month to help Solferino Academy in capturing, profiling and sharing signals of change, innovation and transformation across the Red Cross and Red Crescent network as well as the wider humanitarian sector.
What will the digital communications volunteers do:
- Scan through social media channels, websites and other (digital) sources of the Red Cross Red Crescent network to source stories, experiments, ideas and insights about new, innovative approaches, organisational change and transformations.
- Support the Solferino Academy team in curating and converting their findings into high quality digital communications products (like the Tales of Transformation series) to be shared through various channels and networks.
- The volunteers are also invited to share their skills and creative ideas to strengthen, challenge and improve Solferino Academy’s communications and digital engagement efforts.
What are we seeking:
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and at least one other IFRC or widely-spoken language (such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and so on).
- Skills and knowledge of digital communication methods and tools (written communications, editing, social media, graphic design, illustrations, animation, motion graphics, video production, web publishing and so on).
- Ability to identify ‘signals of change’, future trends and new, innovative approaches to humanitarian and development work.
- Commitment of approximately 8 hours a month for a minimum of three months.
What can we offer:
- Mentoring and support in developing skills and gaining knowledge to drive the change you seek in the world, including new skill sets for humanitarian work, creative problem solving and communication. With each volunteer, we will build an individual talent development plan.
- Access to learning materials, virtual workshops and (online) mentoring about innovation, futures and foresight, creative digital communications and other relevant themes and topics.
- Chance to be part of a global, creative team of experts, working as part of the IFRC network and in partnerships with the private sector, academic institutions, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and others who share similar values.
Note that these are unpaid volunteer positions. However, people volunteering for the Solferino Academy are also encouraged to apply for our paid positions as they come available.
How to apply:
Tell us about yourself, your communication and language skills and why you want to volunteer with the Solferino Academy by writing to [email protected] before 10 March. Please also add your portfolio and/or work samples in your application. The email should be titled: DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS VOLUNTEER.
People from middle and low income countries are strongly encouraged to apply.