The Solferino Experience
Become a Friend of the Solferino Academy: Subscribe to our mailing list and make sure you stay up-to-date on all the events and initiatives happening with innovation, foresight and leadership around the world in our network of National Societies! We also keep you regularly updated about opportunities to attend Solferino Academy events, challenges and programs.
Attend a program: every time someone completes an IFRC Solferino Academy program, they get a certification and an opportunity to join our special alumni program that gives access to exclusive content, opportunities and offers.
Volunteer with us: When available, we share volunteer opportunities on this page. Stay tuned!
Become part of the team: When opportunities arise, we share all job opportunities on this page. Here is a job offer that could raise your interest.
Invitation to Submit Quotes for a Part-time Consultancy with the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent
Terms of Reference: Part time video editor and producer for the IFRC Solferino Academy www.solferinoacademy.com
Title: Part-Time Video Editor and Producer
The IFRC Solferino Academy supports the network of Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies on their transformation journeys as outlined in Strategy 2030. It aims to promote innovation, convene new thinking and dialogue on complex contemporary and future challenges, and support leaders who are driving transformational change in their National Societies.
We are seeking a skilled and creative video editor/producer to join our team at the IFRC Solferino Academy. The successful candidate will be responsible for editing and post-producing short videos for our YouTube channel, “Solferino Voices.” The videos will be filmed by volunteers from the Red Cross and Red Crescent National Societies and will focus on the topics of innovation, leadership, and futures and foresight. The video/editor will need to provide guidance to help volunteers build better videos, to help with editing and overall production of videos as well as strategies to maximise engagement on YouTube.
- Edit and post-produce short videos (1-10 minutes) for the “Solferino Voices” YouTube channel.
- Work with the Solferino Academy team to create guidelines and best practices for video production and editing.
- Organise and lead online sessions to support volunteers in improving their filming and sound capture skills.
- Collaborate with the Solferino Academy team to develop and maintain a content calendar and a management strategy for the YouTube channel.
- Provide input into how to enhance engagement with the videos on YouTube including production, video design, thumbnail design and titling among others.
- Provide support for other video-related tasks as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in video editing and post-production.
- Experience and/or interest in producing content for YouTube and an understanding of how to maximise engagement on the platform
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or DaVinci Resolve.
- Experience volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent is preferred.
- Fluency in English and at least one and other official languages of the IFRC (Arabic, French or Spanish) is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A passion for storytelling and the ability to bring stories to life through video.
- Highly creative and collaborative within a diverse global team.
- Customer focused – ability to adjust to the shifting needs and to be a strong support to the IFRC Solferino Academy team.
- Applicants should submit a resume, and a portfolio of their previous video work to [email protected], with the email subject line “Video Editor – [Your Name]”.
- Applicants should also provide a quote for their daily contract rate.
- The deadline for applications is March 31st 2023. We will only contact shortlisted candidates who will be invited to a virtual interview.
- The expected duration for the position is 10th April to the 10th July.
- This is a consultant’s contract with approximately 50- 100 hours of contract time over the period. There is flexibility in how these hours are delivered during most of the period, though it will require weekly engagement. The contractor will particularly need to be available full time between the 25th to the 30th June during a major global event being held by the IFRC Solferino Academy team.
- We strongly encourage individuals from marginalised or underrepresented identities / groups to apply.