Selfie Video Brief for Hosts and Speakers
As if speaking to a live audience, we encourage all our speakers to show their personality and a glimpse of their session content. To help you be part of the series, we’ve created this checklist. However, you are free to adapt and make the video your own.
- Length of the video: 15 – 30 seconds
- Format: any smartphone video format or MP4
- Orientation: portrait
- Framing: Selfie
- Background: you can take the video in any environment that is natural and comfortable to you, your home, outside in the nature or in front of a one-colored wall, but try to have the background as far from the speaker as possible – the more space behind the speaker, the better
- Lighting: authentic, no need for extra light, avoid drop shadows. If using artificial lighting, place it in front of you or face where the light is coming from.
- Record in a quiet environment / room
- Use a microphone where possible
- Speak clearly
- Introduce yourself and your country
- Very briefly introduce the topic of your session
- Why you are excited about speaking / hosting / participating in a session in Climate:Red
- Why should people attend your session and the Climate:Red Summit
- …or any other things you want to say about climate change, climate action and Climate:Red Summit
Things to avoid:
- Restraint from promoting your business
- Avoid editing and animations
Once recorded, replay your video to make sure you’re happy with it and send it over to us at [email protected] along with the transcript of the video content, if possible – this will help us with adding subtitles.
We will share your edited video with you, and you can publish it also through your own and your organisation’s channels.