Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to “Climate Legacy — Echoes of Change“, also known as “The Humanitarian Data Detective Game”, hosted on the IFRC GO platform and coordinated by IFRC Solferino Academy. Participation in the Game signifies agreement to these Terms and Conditions. This game, organised by the IFRC Solferino Academy and the IFRC GO team, is a short puzzle game that leverages the IFRC GO data platform to explore the historical and future aspects of the IFRC network’s humanitarian action. Participants in this game agree to comply with the rules and guidelines outlined herein.
- Participation in the Game is open to all individuals who have access to the IFRC GO platform. This includes a broad range of users from various geographic locations and backgrounds.
- Each participant is allowed only one submission. Multiple submissions, even with different email addresses, will disqualify a participant.
- Eligibility for receiving prizes is exclusive to individuals who are actively connected with the IFRC network. This includes volunteers, staff members of the respective National Societies within the IFRC network.
- Participants must ensure they comply with local laws and regulations concerning online gaming and prize-winning in their respective countries or regions.
- While family members of IFRC Secretariat staff and volunteers are welcome to participate in the game, they are not eligible to win prizes. This is to maintain fairness and avoid any potential conflicts of interest.
- The organisers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of any participant. This may include checks on their status within the IFRC network and their compliance with the game’s rules and conditions.
3. Game Overview
- The Game involves using the IFRC GO data platform to uncover stories behind data points, focusing on the past, present, and future of the IFRC Network.
- Participants engage in puzzle-solving and data analysis.
- Entries will be accepted until Friday 15 December 2023 at 16:00 UTC.
- Participants are required to engage with the IFRC GO platform, following the provided clues to locate specific data points and use these to answer questions related to the theme of the Game.
- The game’s design allows participants to freely navigate between different questions, which is particularly helpful if they find themselves unable to answer a specific question immediately.
- Once participants believe they have all the correct answers, they are required to submit their personal details for entry into the prize draw. This includes their first name, last name, and email address. Accuracy in these details is crucial to ensure eligibility and contact if selected as a winner.
- Upon completing the questions and submitting their details, participants must confirm their submission to finalise their participation in the game.
- Prizes include two (2) Meta Quest VR Headsets.
- These headsets will be awarded exclusively to eligible winners of the IFRC network, including volunteers or staff of National Societies.
- The prizes are strictly non-transferable. Winners cannot exchange them for cash or any other alternatives.
- The organisers bear no responsibility for substituting a prize if it becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond their control, such as supply issues or discontinuation by the manufacturer.
- Winners are responsible for any taxes, duties, or other expenses that may arise from receiving the prize.
- The organisers are not responsible for any technical failures or other issues that may impede the winner’s ability to claim or use the prize, such as compatibility issues or regional limitations of the VR headset.
- IFRC Solferino Academy will purchase the prize and ship it to the winners. Winners will be responsible for accepting the delivery in their locale.
6. Winner Selection
- Initially, ten (10) potential winners will be selected through a random drawing from all eligible participants to ensure fairness and impartiality.
- These ten individuals will be assessed for their eligibility and ability to receive the prize. From this group, two (2) final winners will be chosen randomly.
- The selection process will adhere to the game’s rules and the outlined criteria for eligibility.
- The selected winners will be notified using the contact details provided on the game platform. It is crucial for participants to provide accurate and current contact information.
- Winners must acknowledge and claim their prize within a specified timeframe. Failure to respond promptly may result in prize forfeiture, and an alternate winner may be chosen from the remaining eligible candidates. Winners will be contacted and must provide a valid shipping address and contact phone number to receive the prize.
- The organisers’ decision regarding the selection of winners is final. No inquiries or appeals regarding the decision-making process will be entertained.
- In the event of discrepancies or disputes during the selection process, the organisers reserve the right to rectify the situation, which may include disqualification of participants or adjustment of winner selection, to uphold fairness and adherence to these Terms and Conditions.
7. Privacy and Data Use
- Personal data collected from participants, such as names and contact details, will be used solely for the administration of the game and the distribution of prizes.
- The IFRC Solferino Academy is committed to upholding privacy and protecting personal data in accordance with relevant data protection laws. Participants’ information will be handled with the utmost confidentiality and security.
- The IFRC Solferino Academy reserves the right to disqualify any participant who breaches these terms, engages in misconduct, or violates the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Disqualification decisions are at the discretion of the organisers and are final.
9. Game Modification and Termination
- The IFRC Solferino Academy may modify, suspend, or terminate the Game due to technical issues, legal constraints, or other significant reasons.
- Participants will be informed of any such changes as soon as possible.
10. Limitation of Liability
- The IFRC Solferino Academy will not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury, or any other consequence resulting from participation in the Game or from the usage of any prizes awarded.
- This limitation of liability applies to all aspects of the game, including but not limited to the game experience, prize functionality, and prize delivery process.
11. Contact and Communication
- For queries or concerns, participants can contact: [email protected]
12. Acceptance of Terms
- By participating in the Game, individuals agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Exclusive on Go Platform
How to play
1. Look at the clues
Each question has two clues. Look for dates, locations and other information that can help you answer the question.
2. Use IFRC GO
Use information from the clues on IFRC GO to find the answers!
3. Submit your answer
Get all the questions correct to be in for a chance to win a Meta Quest VR Headset.