The Power of Many
Tackling the humanitarian impact of climate change and pandemics. Together
From October 12th to the 14th the IFRC and ICRC we will convene the Planet:Red Summit.
In the absence of Statutory meetings this year, we cannot miss the opportunity to come together as a Movement. The climate crisis and pandemics are two of the greatest threats in contemporary times – with major humanitarian consequences confronting us now. Our insights and action, locally and around the globe, are making an essential difference for people affected.
With this event, we aim to share our experience, showcase the power of local action to drive global impact, and together, to contribute solutions that alleviate and ultimately prevent the worst human consequences of climate change and pandemics.
During the three-day event we will:
- Host high-level speakers and panels
- Conduct special Leadership only sessions
- Launch joint statements and actions
- Profile the work of National Societies across the world, including high-impact and highly-effective projects and initiatives driving substantial change
- Showcase innovation, new partnerships and new ways of working including new models of cooperation
- Connect our staff and volunteers around the world through a series of creative sessions and initiatives
This Red Cross Red Crescent Movement event will be held entirely virtually using a series of innovative approaches and platforms. You are invited to participate and to enrich the event by hosting sessions.
More information will be available as we move closer to the event. To be updated directly, please join the mailing list by writing to [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at the event and to working with you to confront these challenges together.
President of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
President of the International Committee of the Red Cross